Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Non smoking bars/pubs ginza or tokyo area 2016/8/26 06:15
Hi, I went to japan earlier in the year and plan to go back next year. I plan to go to Tokyo again but as I wont be flat out sightseeing as I saw so much last time I was wondering if there was any good pubs/bars in tokyo especially ginza as that is where I will be staying. I have already been to the good beer faucets in shibuya and would go back again but want to find something more local in ginza. I know it's a lot to ask but non smoking would be best. Thank you.
by reece11  

Re: Non smoking bars/pubs ginza or tokyo area 2016/8/26 12:37
Here are some craft beer bars in the Ginza area: http://beerbarsjapan.com/dbinx/tr-ginza.html

And the Tokyo station area: http://beerbarsjapan.com/dbinx/tr-tokyo.html

I believe the chain of bars called Craft Beer Market are all non-smoking. And I-Brew has a non-smoking section, for what it's worth.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Non smoking bars/pubs ginza or tokyo area 2016/8/26 12:39
Do a yelp search with no-smoking filter.
Yes, Yelp!
While Yelp is not the most popular review site in Japan, it is starting to catch on. Some reviews are in Japanese, of course.

First: search for "bars" in "Ginza, Tokyo, Japan". When hundreds are listed, narrow down using filters. Click "All Filters", and under various features list is a smoking option. Click "No" for smoking, then hit "search".

Voila! I found a few that caught my interest. Cheers.

by Mei (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Non smoking bars/pubs ginza or tokyo area 2016/8/26 13:27
I tried Yelp, bars, Ginza, and you have to move the "distance" out to 8km ("driving") from Ginza before the non-smoking filter appears.

At 2km distance from Ginza ("walking") there are no beer bars listed at all, and only five bars altogether.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Non smoking bars/pubs ginza or tokyo area 2016/8/26 22:56
Forgot yelp even existed! I shall give it a try thanks.
by reece11 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread