Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Chances of acceptance to TUJ? 2016/9/2 08:31
First off I'm sorry if this is the wrong category, but I figured this was the most fitting. Basically I'm looking to find anyone who has been accepted to or attends TUJ to answer my question.
I want to apply to TUJ for the summer semester of 2017. I am currently attending a community college and earning more credits (16) but right now I have only earned 10 credits on my college transcript.
My college GPA is 3.7
High school GPA is 2.0
From what I understand TUJ is rather easy to get into, but I know there requirement is a 2.5 and considering my HSGPA is below that, I don't know if my college GPA will make up for it. Any thoughts on my chances of getting in right now? Or should I wait until I have more college credit to balance out my high school record? Thanks!
by Hopefulstudent (guest)  

Re: Chances of acceptance to TUJ? 2016/9/2 12:05
Why not contact them? Admissions counselors can give you far better advice than we can.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Chances of acceptance to TUJ? 2016/9/2 13:46
I have contacted admissions already and they pretty much have just been regurgitating the same vague information. The guy told me "I'm welcome to apply but my high school GPA will be considered".
by hopefulstudent (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Chances of acceptance to TUJ? 2016/12/25 01:57
From what I understand they will average out your GPA from both high school and college transcripts. So you would have an average of approximately 2.8, putting you above the 2.5 requirement. I talked to the main campus (since I'm impatient and hate waiting for email replies) and they said that if you are denied you can apply again as a transfer student after you've obtained another 15 college credits. You may want to verify that with TUJ admissions though. But given your current situation and operating under the assumption that the main campus gave me correct info, and that you are not adverse to taking more classes at your community college if needed, I would say go ahead and apply as you are and see how it goes! Then (again providing the info I got is correct) if you aren't accepted you can take more classes and apply again. :)
Hope to see you there next year, I'm aiming for Fall semester! Good luck!
by TUJhopeful2.0 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread