Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

EMS from Tokyo to New York? 2016/9/2 13:47
Hi everyone!

I just had a quick question regarding EMS in Japan.

I applied for Waseda SILS and noticed just now that the document screening results will be sent out by mail (they don't post the results online until the second round, after conditional applicants have had their interviews).

I'm in New York right now and was wondering how long EMS takes to arrive. The Japan Post site estimates it to be around 3 days, but I wanted to know if this is accurate.

(I know this is a silly question, especially since the site gives me an estimate...but I'm really nervous right now, and having a rough date will probably help me calm down a bit.)
by pineapples (guest)  

EMS from Tokyo to New York? 2016/9/2 16:17
Status of EMS can be traced at the following page.

http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/ems/delivery/index_en.html

I guess it would take a few to several days. It would take a little more than FeDex or DHL.
by Kai (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: EMS from Tokyo to New York? 2016/9/3 02:27
The 3 day estimate is pretty accurate for documents. I typically treat it like 3-5 days to allow for typical delays like a missed delivery.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: EMS from Tokyo to New York? 2016/9/3 02:52
@yllwsmrf

I see, thank you so much for the reply! I'm just really stressed about this right now, and the fact that I'm gonna have to wait three more days than I originally thought (I mistakenly believed the results were going to be posted online) wasn't helping at all :(
by pineapples (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: EMS from Tokyo to New York? 2016/9/3 09:28
I've use EMS for a couple of small packages, once a heavy book, from Tokyo to NYC and they arrived in three days.....
by Maranyc rate this post as useful

Re: EMS from Tokyo to New York? 2016/9/3 12:18
I've used EMS from Tokyo to Chicago and I've received the package 24 hrs from the time it was stamped, excluding the time differential.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread