Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Describe cashier's job? 2016/9/13 06:21
Hi guys,

How can I describe a cashier's job in Japanese? So I'm a cashier at the 99 cents store, and what I do is greet customers, charge them, count the safe, front products, and clean the store. I know how to say 物をかたずけて、みせをそうじをします。But I am not sure how to correctly say charge customers and count the safe in Japanese. I'd be glad to get your help.

Thanks.
by J-Student (guest)  

Re: Describe cashier's job? 2016/9/13 19:09
I guess rather than simply "charge the customers" (which could sound like you simply "invoice" the customers) you would "ring up the purchased merchandise & receive payments from customers," isn't it? And when you say "count the safe," you are talking about counting the money in the cashier's drawer to make sure they add up?

For "ringing up merchandise and receive payments from customers," I might say:
しょうひんを うちこんで おきゃくさまから しはらいを うける(shouhin wo uchikonde, o-kyaku-sama kara shiharai wo ukeru)
I am using the old expression (before scanning came) the "punching in the merchandise," which is still in use as an expression.

For "counting the money in the cashier machine/drawer":
レジの おかねを かぞえる (regi no o-kane wo kazoeru)

For listing several things, since you do have several things you do, you might want to try the "...(shi)tari, ...(shi)tari, ...(shi)tari shimasu" expression (listing several actions among many you do).
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Describe cashier's job? 2016/9/17 17:48
But cashier's job is the same all over the word, doesn'it suffice to say simply "レジの仕事をする" (do casheir' s job) ?
Why do you have to describe it in detail?
by crux (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread