Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Employer Breaking Contract - What to do? 2016/9/14 21:50
Hi.

I'm working for a company that told me that if I was ever sent to do work at a branch, it would be for 2 months at a time, a maximum of 4 months. It has been 11 months now.

That was a written agreement. The same agreement said that if I have a commute of over 2 hours to said branch, that accommodation would be provided. My commute is 2 hours and they have never provided accommodation.

I have brought up both of these points with my supervisors, but nothing has changed.

This is just part of my problems with my current employers.

I live in the Tokyo area, and it seems that legal advice is hard to come by for English speakers. I work through the week. Sometimes there are free advice sessions, but during the week when I work.

Anyone out there with some solid legal advice on how to deal with this?
by HaiChigau (guest)  

Re: Employer Breaking Contract - What to do? 2016/9/15 10:19
Contact a lawyer.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Employer Breaking Contract - What to do? 2016/9/15 11:04
you seems to be Œ_–ñŽÐˆõ.
if you got the job with knowing the long commute, your request will not be considered, because you agreed the everyday's long commute by your will. and 2 hours is not too much in big city areas.
of course, you can consult a lawyer, if you want.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Cont. 2016/9/15 11:30
I'm a full-time company employee.

I was working at the company's head office in Tokyo. I moved to an apartment from another prefecture in a location that is convenient for working at the head office.

I was told to work at the branch. I had previously signed an agreement saying that if I was sent to a branch that it would be no longer than 2 months. The same agreement said that if the commute was over 2 hours that accommodation would be provided. I have not been provided the accommodation and I have been at the branch for almost a year now.

I don't know where to find an English-speaking lawyer that won't rip me off.

There are more issues with this company about broken promises made to me.
by HaiChigau (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Employer Breaking Contract - What to do? 2016/9/15 22:49
I can't catch your exact point.
if you want to shorten the commuting time, find a new home near the branch and negotiate that the company pays some moving expense.
if you don't want to leave Tokyo, you may tell them that you want to come back to Tokyo.
for those negotiations to the company, a lawyer is not necessary.
if you hate the company and want to punish them, you may try to consult a lawyer.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Employer Breaking Contract - What to do? 2016/9/16 10:20
As far as I know, I can be wrong. I think you have three options:

Option 1: contact a lawyer.
Since I understand Japanese and my wife as well. We contacted a Japanese lawyer. We had something like counselling (1 hour about 10000 Yen). Please be informed, all the lawyers that I found online asked me for more than 80000 Yen. So, you need a Japanese friend to help you search for good and cheap lawyer not like those who make publicity on social networks.

Option 2:if you go to the kuyakusho of your city, normally there is someone who can give you a legal advice for free. However, I don't know if it can be given to you in English. So, you need a friend to translate for you.

Option 3: you can just go to Hallo-Work and ask them for guidance. Tell them that I don't know what should I do, surely someone will show you where you can go and ask for the information.(Hallo-work) normally just helps people find a job but I think they can give you some tips in English.

Option 3: Just accept the fact the way it is and continue working with them.
To be honest, I think you have some sorts of confusion. You should be fully aware of the conditions of your contract before you sign on it.I remember always when I signed a job contract, someone translated the content for me. If you don't have a solid reason behind your claim, don't bother wasting your time and money on a lost case.

I wish you all the best!
by justagaijin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Employer Breaking Contract - What to do? 2016/9/16 11:07
Option 4: just stop showing to work, see a mental Doctor and tell your company you got some Mental situation due to stress of work, they will not fire you and keep paying you
Aparently there are many who do this...
by Zzzz (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Employer Breaking Contract - What to do? 2016/9/16 12:02
Option 4 seems reasonable except for the fact that going mental on the job doesn't particularly look good to future employers. Doesn't exactly make you Mr. Popular at your current place of work either. More like ostracized.

Option 3? I am aware of the contract and it is written in English. That's my point. My contract has been broken. I agreed to certain conditions, and those conditions were not fulfilled by my employer.

Anyway, thanks for the well-wishes. It sounds like I may need a lot of money.

Option 5 is probably the best one. Just find a new job and let bad karma hit the current one.
by HaiChigau (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread