Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Anyone know the difference between these? 2016/9/14 22:48
So I'm here in Japan on a working holiday VISA, but what's the difference between these 3 things:

*Residence Record Code (which I have)

*Individual Number Card

*Notification Card

I don't have these other 2.... And have no idea what these are for

Thanks in advance!
by razorRX  

Re: Anyone know the difference between these? 2016/9/15 09:57
* Notification Card - Since last year all residents of Japan have been issued a personal ID number ("My Number") by the national government, and they send out a card to "notify you of this number assigned to you." This is what they are talking about. This is just a piece of paper with your name, address, and the number.

* Individual Number Card - Once you get the "notification card," if you want to, you can take it and an ID photo to your city hall and apply for a photo ID (with that number, name address) called "Individual Number Card."

Since you are a resident, I assume you probably are requested by your employer for this information? (The employers need this for their taxation record.) If you are staying in Japan for over 90 days and are working, you must be registered as a resident, then you should be issued this ID number. You might want to ask at your city/ward hall?
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread