Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Miyama and Ine no funaya 2016/9/17 03:29
Hello! I'm planning my trip to Japan late Oct and I have 3 days left, of which I have decided to visit Miyama and Ine no funaya. Can anyone advise on the best route and where I should base myself?

I will be from Osaka and will likely purchase the nationwide JR pass. I am considering a night at Ine no funaya and a night at Miyama but I'm not sure if that would include a lot of time lugging my suitcase on trains and buses. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
by asq (guest)  

Re: Miyama and Ine no funaya 2016/9/20 06:56
You can get the bus from Kyoto station to Miyama. Details of which buses are on this website main article. I think it takes a couple of hours. There is also a route by train and then a bus.
A train from Kyoto to Amanohashidate takes 2.5-3 hours. Osaka to Kyoto is only 30mins on a train and Y590 when I was there last November so you could just stay in Osaka. Alternatively your hotel might keep hold of your luggage if you're returning to it after the three days. Email and ask them. There isn't particularly great transport between Kyoto and the Japan sea (by Japanese standards) so it's difficult to know where to stay in that area so you could just stay in Osaka or Kyoto. Have you considered Koyasan?
Regards, Richard
by RichardS81 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread