Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying motorcycle parts 2016/9/17 05:03
Hi. I have an old 1981 Kawasaki Gpz550 and it's very hard to find parts for it in the UK. It seems though that there are plenty parts in Japan.
I have found a web site called buyer.jp and there are plenty of parts I'd like to buy, but obviously I can't understand the language or how to purchase and have the parts shipped.
It'd be great to find a fellow biker out there in Japan who would be willing to help me.
Many thanks
John
by haggis61  

Re: Buying motorcycle parts 2016/9/17 21:18
There are some companies in Japan who help you purchse online and arrange shipping over to other countries. You can have your purchased items delivered to their address and they will arrange shipping by Japan Post or FeDex etc.
by HM (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying motorcycle parts 2016/9/18 02:17
Thanks for that. Do you have any details about those companies?

The problem however is that because the web site Buyee.JP is all in jape see, I am unable to read the item description or even how to bid for the item.

Ideally I would like to get in touch with a fellow motorcyclist who speaks both english and Japanese and could assist me in purchasing and shipping of the items.

It's a big ask I know, but there is maybe someone who could help
by haggis61 rate this post as useful

Re: Buying motorcycle parts 2016/9/18 08:58
when using buyee. just the the english tab on the top right of the first home page. very easy to use.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying motorcycle parts 2016/9/19 02:23
Hi. The "English" tab does translate some of the content about the item, but unfortunately not all of it. Also, as it is some form of computerised translation, much of the description and instructions from the seller just don't make sense.

Re: Buying motorcycle parts 2016/9/19 03:23
I can't speak to Kawasaki, but US military who shipped Honda bikes home in the 80s discovered a "hidden" trade barrier: US replacement parts, although the exact same part number, were not the same size or threading on bolts that were on the bike purchased in Japan. I would start out small and inexpensive to see if the parts from Japan fit.
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying motorcycle parts 2016/9/19 04:32
Good point, and you are right, well worth taking it steady?
Generally, the parts I need are actually all fairly small and mostly not too expensive.
Thanks for your cautionary advice.

Re: Buying motorcycle parts 2016/9/19 14:18
I buy stuff all the time using buyee. While the google translation isn't great, it still work well enough to understand.

Re: Buying motorcycle parts 2016/9/20 04:13
Hi. Where do you live?

How do you work out postage costs?

Thanks

Re: Buying motorcycle parts 2016/9/20 16:04
I live in Australia. The warehouse for Tenso/Buyee is in Tokyo. So on the auctions listing, normally they'll have shipping costs. So pay attention to the "Kanto" shipping costs.

Then once it is at there warehouse, the buyee team will figure out the cost of shipping it to you.

This process is explained in further detail in the shipping section of there website.

Hope that helps.

Re: Buying motorcycle parts 2016/9/21 15:47
Thank you for your help. I'll try it out with a few small parts.

Still looking for an English speaking, Japanese fellow motorcycle enthusiast. Planning on a motorbike road trip in Japan in the next couple of years.

Regards, john
by haggis61 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread