Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Spouse and immigration when applying for PR? 2016/9/29 09:25
Hi everyone.

I hope you answer my question.

Does it make any difference to take your wife with you when the application of the Permanent Residence?

I saw that in some comments and was wondering if that is true.

Thank you.
by justagaijin (guest)  

Re: Spouse and immigration when applying for PR? 2016/9/29 15:27
I guess you are talking about when applying for PR after being on Spouse status for some years. I don't know if it makes any difference, but I as the Japanese spouse have always accompanied my non-Japanese spouse when he went to renew his Spouse status, and did so when we applied for his PR a while ago. I am the guarantor, so in that sense I feel I am part of the process. Besides, I can fill out any additional form or answer any question on the spot if we left out anything.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse and immigration when applying for PR? 2016/9/29 17:28
Does it make any difference to take your wife with you when the application of the Permanent Residence?

No. You do not need to bring your Japanese spouse with you unless the immigration office requests an interview with you both. And interviews are not typically required unless your application is lacking for some reason.

In addition, you also do not need to apply for PR in person. You can have a proxy do everything in your place.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread