Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Any jobs for a foreigner? 2016/10/4 00:04
Hi,
Let me start by saying, I love Japan, and I'm so influenced by their culture.
I'm a Jordanian person (aka a Christian Arab) that works as a Web & Graphic Designer.
I was wondering If there is any job in..(seriously).. any place in Japan, for a person like me. I don't mind finding the same line of work, I can work as dancing cat for all I care, as long as it's getting me to work there.
I have an EU passport (double nationalities), and know 3 languages, and have a website with my name (for portfolio) .
Bottom line, I wish I could work there.
Do you think they hire Arab people? and where can I find jobs?

Milad Haddad
by Milad Haddad (guest)  

Re: Any jobs for a foreigner? 2016/10/5 10:51
Yes, of course they hire Arab people or any foreigner that meets the job requirements.

Of course there are graphic design jobs too (sorry, haven't heard of a dancing cat job yet). I'm not an expert in the field, but due to the nature of marketing and communication jobs, I would assume you need a high level of Japanese language proficiency (N2 level maybe?). Maybe you can try looking for companies that publish material aimed at foreigners in Japan or at foreign markets?
by Aru (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Any jobs for a foreigner? 2016/10/5 11:04
The two most important questions are \:

1) do you hold a bachelors degree or equivalent OR do you have many years work experience as a web developer?

2) how is your japanese?

The first will be required to qualify for a visa, the second will be instrumental toward landing a job.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread