Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Accreditation specifics and working visas... 2016/11/3 09:20
Okay, so from all I've read, the education required for various working visas is a bachelors degree from an accredited college from your country. My question is, does the accreditation have to be from your country? I've been looking into different schooling options and found a university accredited in England that I'm interested in. It's an online thing so I'd still live in America. Since the degree wouldn't be from an accredited school in MY country, does that make it worthless in the eyes of a visa?
Thanks!
by camamel (guest)  

Re: Accreditation specifics and working visas... 2016/11/3 10:26
My question is, does the accreditation have to be from your country?

You're overthinking things. The college/university simply must be accredited with a reputable accreditation body. That typically means it is accredited in the country in which the institution physically resides, not where the students originate from.

Also keep in mind that this can be seen mainly as a measure against diploma mills, and is generally not an issue for those with legitimate degrees from established institutions.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Accreditation specifics and working visas... 2016/11/3 13:09
I didn't know visas had eyes... Another ploy from the evil immigration bureau to spy on foreigners, I'm sure. Well, at least mine sits in a drawer under a pile of stuff, so I should be safe.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread