Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Having a Japanese Credit Card 2016/11/14 23:03
Hi all,

I lived in Japan for four years now doing a part time job and it was always hard for me to have a Japanese credit card. I tried several times and always got my request denied. I know why they deny requests and have no problems with that.

Here are my questions:

1- Is it possible that my guarantor like my Japanese father in law or wife sponsor me to have a credit card?
someone I know got a credit card with the support of his wife but I don't know how.
2-If my father in law supports me to create a credit card, does that mean that he can use my credit card as well?
Thank you for the information.
by justagaijin (guest)  

Re: Having a Japanese Credit Card 2016/11/15 10:18
i think you dont need gurantor to get a credit card because i have 2 when i was a language student about years ago. it depend on the comapny. try ana airline credit card . i think they may give you. i started with them.
by chike20 rate this post as useful

Re: Having a Japanese Credit Card 2016/11/15 18:41
If your wife can get a card, she can obtain a supplemental spouse card for you. Your name will be on that card, but she will be responsible/billing will be under her name/payment will be from her bank account. Of course she needs to qualify (job/income, etc.).
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Having a Japanese Credit Card 2016/11/15 19:43
Two ways I can think of:

- If you want to be the "main" cardholder, but don't have regular income, but if your father-in-law or wife has a regular income, you'd state that. And with that background, you might be eligible for a credit card (in your name). This will be like a full-time housewife who wants a credit card for herself, but needs to state the husband's income to back up her financial status.

- If you want to have a "family member" card, for example, your father-in-law applies for a credit card in his name, giving his bank account information, and he gets a card in HIS name, he might be eligible to apply for an additional "family member" card for you, as his dependent.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread