Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Leaving school and Japan, change visa? 2016/11/16 00:57
Hello everyone,
I have been on a student visa for one year but I notified my school that I'll stop going to school as I will go back to my country in December.
The thing is I told them on the 15th of November and I'm leaving on the 20th of December, I already booked my plane tickets but they told me I have to change my visa to a temporary visa. ( or do the classic go to Korea weekend and come back )
My school said I only have the right to stay 2 weeks in Japan after they contact the immigration.

So... I would have to change my visa around the 30th of November ? Do I really have to or can I stay with my visa until I leave the country ? ( I mean if I could avoid immigration and more paperwork I'd like to as there's quite a lot of other things to do. )
Is it risky to wait until the immigration gets in touch with me about this matter ? ( If they do )
Thank you !
by Ali (guest)  

Re: Leaving school and Japan, change visa? 2016/11/16 14:15
Your school is wrong. After they notify immigration, you can stay until yout status expires or immigration tells you to leave (by revoking your status).
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread