Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Waseda Dorm Opinions 2016/11/26 18:10
Hello everyone!

So Waseda's enrolment package just arrived and I've been flipping through it, and I have my sights on 3 different dorms, and would love to see if anyone is happy to share their experiences living at any of them.

1) Espoir Mejiro - Rather expensive, but its location seems super duper convenient. Also it's got about 70 students so I guess there's a more tight-knit community??? Also private bathroom and small kitchen, wooh!

2) WISH - Tbh the building interior and common areas seem really nice, and it's way cheaper than Espoir. And no curfew! The only thing I don't really like is the lack of private bathrooms and the fact that my sister/friends can't stay over if they visit.

3) WID Kodaira - this seems like the most luxurious (and expensive) of them all. The meals provided (if you opt for 'em) look great, private bathroom AND kitchen??? But it's far from campus compared to the other two (which means transport costs) and honestly (I think) pricier than it's worth.

Misc concerns: I'm an SILS student, which means I'll have to move out after 1.5 years. Apart from pillow/sheets/etc, is there anything much that I have to bring/purchase if I stay there? I'm not looking to moving out with a crap ton of stuff.

I'm also a gamer. Do you recommend me bringing my small TV and PS3 along? Or should I leave them at home?
by EvilCinnamonRoll (guest)  

Re: Waseda Dorm Opinions 2016/12/7 03:20
Hey! This isn't an answer to your question, but did you get in with an unconditional offer? I got an unconditional offer and was informed by Waseda that my WISH result would be announced in February 2017 (I think it was supposed to be sent out in November). I'm kinda confused now because I also applied for two WID dorms, and the Kyoritsu Maintenance people are telling me that I have to cancel my WISH application and go with their rooms (or give up on WID and wait for WISH)...OTL
by what2do (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread