Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What do you think I should do? 2016/11/29 13:13
I'm planning to study abroad in Japan and go to a Language School in July 2017 (doing 2-year course). The reasons I'm going is I really want the study abroad experience, I want to learn Japanese, etc, and something just tells me to go. Basically, though i don't really know what I will do after that career wise, I have a family business that I can easily come back to and make good money after Japan and I also might want to go to school after and study Business. The thing is If I love Japan so much during the 2 years I am there I am willing to go to University in Japan.

I saved up money so I can go abroad for 2 years but I definitely don't have the money to also pay for university after that, the thing is everything is what if's right now and if I have to I can just come back later after I save money again (If I do the family business it won't take too long to raise money)

However, there is also a possibility that IF I love Japan so much and my family becomes really supporting that maybe they can help me out on paying it and if that's the case I heard that most University's in Japan only have 2 start terms (April and September/October) and that the language school won't be able to help you after you go back home. Like I said all these are what if's and I don't want to spend more money then I have to take those universities preparing courses in the language school if there's no point but I don't want to take a risk and not go to a language school that does offer though courses if I do want to go and I really want to go in July so if it's really hard to get accepted into university without the LS then that worries me and I don't know if I should wait until October to go, I am also from Canada so the VERY likely chance I will come back and live in Canada will I be able to use my university degree? .

So basically...

- I don't know if I want to go to university after I finish the LS
- I don't know if it's worth taking the university preparation courses in the LS if I'm not currently sure if I need them
- I don't know if I should hold off until October because of the difficulty of not having the LS help me out
- If I don't live forever in Japan will I be able to use my university degree outside Japan?

Sorry for all the questions. I just hate being so unsure when the applications start for the July 2017 term in a few days and would love advice from people who experienced something similar to myself.

Thank you!
by Melging  

Re: What do you think I should do? 2016/11/29 18:38
Life is not about knowing, but rather about taking chances and making decisions, and then living with the consequences of doing so. Good luck.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread