Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Turn home into shop? 2016/12/12 21:52
Hey everyone! I have a question. My husband and I are trying to find out how we can turn a house into a shop. Our ideas is to have a little coffee window on the bottom floor of our house, and lease that space out to another individual. In the meantime we would own the house the first and second floor, and maybe even a third if there is one available.
We were thinking that we would have the top floor as an apartman space available and use it as a small Airbnb. Do any licensing for that as well?
We would like to either buy an existing home, or make a new one. I've seen that there are lots of houses that already have this kind of situation, but a lot of them look very old and not very earthquake safe. They're also not very well located.
What kind of licensing and procedures would we need to do in order to turn a used home into a shop?
Thank you for your help!
by CoffeeFam (guest)  

Re: Turn home into shop? 2016/12/13 07:56
AirBnB is only legal in Osaka and one district in Tokyo. You must apply for a licence, and guests must book a 7+ night stay. These rules do not apply if you are staying in the apartment with the guests, but that doesn't sound like that's your plan.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Turn home into shop? 2016/12/13 08:11
As a generic comment, you are not just wanting to make a shop, but are entering the food industry so there would be lots of extra regulations that would apply (food/beverage handing).

I suggest you get some proper advice as you also have issues about buying a property.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread