Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

A women sued my father 2016/12/19 13:04
Hi everyone looking for someone who can help me in this matter,
My father is living in japan from last 30 years no criminal record ever ,hard working guy, the problem started 8 months a go when a women working at the same place where my father worked approached police ,my father was called by police and they interrogated him many times ,my father is a true man he said what was truth ,police could not find any thing which finds him guilty ,they conducted a lie detector test on my father but it was also clean ,police said my father is cleared as evrything he said is truth ,but as soon my father went back for holidays to his country he received a call from his boss that the women has approached other higher investigation department and his boss said he should not return back to japan , earlier that women was demanding money but my father rejected as he did nothing and he came out clean in police investigation.
Please help me how can i help my father in this case i live in japan ,i think his boss is lying to my father!! is there anyway i can come to know that women has filed a case against my father as i haven't received any call or any notice from court or attorney or police.
Regards
by shankar1991  

Re: A women sued my father 2016/12/19 17:57
What is your father's status (as written on his residence card), and when does it expire?
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: A women sued my father 2016/12/19 21:28
if he is an employee and the problem is related to the company (I think it is highly possible), he should follow the company's (his boss's) directions.
selfish thoughts and actions may cause more complications both to the company and him.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: A women sued my father 2016/12/20 07:52
The company will have a Rules of Employment document that spells out permissable actions the company can take. If he were actually arrested, it is possible that his employment could be terminated by the company. If your father agrees, you could ask the company for a copy.

Your father needs to fight his own fight, but you might be able to obtain advice from an employment rights lawyer. A lawyer would be able to obtain a copy of the document.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: A women sued my father 2016/12/20 08:44
hi thanx everyone ,my father is permanent resident but he didn't took multiple re-entry while going back to his country,
the place where he worked is owned by our close relative but i don't trust them as the owner called my father just when he reached his country saying that the women has approached higher investigation department.
before approaching police this year she called my father and started asking for money but my father rejected as he did nothing ,she then went to police and filed a case of sexual harassment but police investigated but didn't arrested my father they just investigated and nothing came out during investigation , so when police gave my father clean chit he planned to g back for vacation to his country and before going back he just called the police that can he leave or not police said as he is clean and there is no investigation going on he can go anytime after a month he went back and he gets a call from his boss who is our relative saying that the women approached higher department and that now he should not come back , he said he will talk to his lawyer about the case but its been 4 months he didn't even called back my father .
Can anyone tell me is there anyway i could find out is there any investigation going on or not.
Thnx
Regards
by shankar1991 rate this post as useful

Re: A women sued my father 2016/12/20 11:38
Many questions here.....
Does your father have a copy of the first police report that says he was absolved from all accusations or something that confirms he has a clean record?
With this new accusation, has your father been formally contacted by authorities or has he only been told by his boss not to come back? If it's the first one, he needs to get in paper, formally, all details about the new accusation and then lawyer up. If it's the latter one, I would not be concerned. Your father has PR, so he should be able to return to Japan regardless of his employment situation, then he can try to solve things face to face in Japan.

And lastly, does your father have any proof that the woman asked him for money? If he does, that could put an end to the whole situation.
by len (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: A women sued my father 2016/12/20 12:10
Since your father is a PR holder, he can return to Japan.
He should not listen to his boss advise not to return to Japan.

Under new immigration law, since 2012, a resident with valid status can travel in-out Japan without applying for re-entry permit, if travel within 1 year. Just need to tick the special re-entry permit on the departure card.

I think your father should return to Japan and fight his own battle in Japan. Not knowing who is at fault, but it is better to do it in person and also have the documents ready as proof.
Also just out of curiosity, is the woman Japanese or not?

Anyway good luck, and dont listen to the boss. Come back to Japan and settle it within.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: A women sued my father 2016/12/20 12:34
yes the women is Japanese and yes my father had proof of clean chit from police but i don't know whether he had kept the receipt with him or not still, but police will have a copy of the investigation as he was interrogated at the police station.

And yes we didn't received any letter or call from police on that issue ,it is just his boss who is saying that the women has filed a case.
The boss also promised that he will talk to his lawyer but he didn't we are still waiting.
by shankar1991 rate this post as useful

Re: A women sued my father 2016/12/20 18:04
It sounds like his boss is trying to push him out of the company after what happened. Consider the timing of his boss informing him as proof.

It sounds like he should stick to his guns. But he is gonna need to look for another job. Cause even though the law is on his side, clearly his boss is not.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: A women sued my father 2016/12/22 04:54
The sexual harassment law has become popular recently in Japan and not yet everybody understands or are educated/trained well yet.
It is essential to find out what causing the situation.
Perhaps your father's salary is too expensive or they think he is too old for the company.
If not, counter sue the woman, the bosses, the company, for defamation, (age discrimination), etc. through a lawyer, but be ready to leave the company. She may be hallucinating Sexual H. or trying to retaliate against him for the past grudges or mistreatments, etc. Or she may be needing the money (for her DV husband, boyfriend(s), family, debts, Yamikin (illegal high interest loan), or many more other causes.
Collect all the document, the police report, blackmailing for money, etc. You might also hire a private investigator.
by ay (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread