Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Being fat in the snow, how does it work? 2016/12/27 13:28
Going skiing in Japan (Hakuba), I am overweight (weigh 100kgs/230lbs) I am an active person so will have no problem actually skiing. I am just worried that some of the facilities won't accomodate me eg the turnstiles. Also stressing that locals will laugh and stare at me after reading some blogs about Japanese people doing that in major cities so don't know what they will do in the mountains. Do you think I will face many issues?I have my own ski gear just need to hire skis.
by Claire1990  

Re: Being fat in the snow, how does it work? 2016/12/27 21:15
Nobody laughs you in JP
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Being fat in the snow, how does it work? 2016/12/28 07:46
You should be OK. Don`t worry, and do enjoy yourself. Almost everyone laughs when they ski, so don`t assume it is directed at you.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Being fat in the snow, how does it work? 2016/12/28 16:38
Have you bothered to contact the resorts directly as suggested in your older thread about the same topic?
by * (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Being fat in the snow, how does it work? 2016/12/28 23:40
No I haven't because I couldn't find my older thread that's why I reposted hahaha but that's a good idea though thanks!
by Claire1990 rate this post as useful

Re: Being fat in the snow, how does it work? 2016/12/29 15:08
by * (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread