Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Rental Sim Card for 6 months 2017/1/4 07:33
Hello,

I will be in Japan for 6 months with a visa and I would like to rent a sim card for my Samsung S5. That is, I would like to buy a sim card with a Japanese number and data. Which is the best option? What do I need to get one? Is another cellphone number needed?

Thanks
by Kile92  

Re: Rental Sim Card for 6 months 2017/1/5 18:11
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Rental Sim Card for 6 months 2017/1/6 09:02
Thank you Firas. But I saw that with this plan I can't call or recive calls right? And I won't have a phone number. Do you know if there is some other company can make you pay calls apart and give you a number?

Thank you very much.
by Kile92 rate this post as useful

Re: Rental Sim Card for 6 months 2017/1/6 09:36
But I saw that with this plan I can't call or recive calls right? And I won't have a phone number.

Where did you see that?

Re: Rental Sim Card for 6 months 2017/1/6 10:05
It seems that the minimum time for call service option is 12 months. I will stay only 6. Can you confirm?
by Kile92 rate this post as useful

Re: Rental Sim Card for 6 months 2017/1/6 10:18
Yes, this is correct. There are other carriers with shorter minimum contract periods, but their performance (in terms of data connection speed) is very bad, so I cannot recommend them unless you absolutely cannot affort the early cancellation fee of UQ mobile.

reply to this thread