Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How/when to pay taxes on income outside Japan 2017/1/8 22:07
So my employer pays me bonus in form of stocks into an overseas bank account. I am pretty positive that I have to pay taxes on them too, since they are an income as well. But I haven't seen any way yet to pay them. Does anyone have experience on how that works? It might also be worth mentioning that 2016 was my first year of working in Japan. Would love to hear your experience.
by Trannel  

Re: How/when to pay taxes on income outside Japan 2017/1/9 10:06
Issue of stock (shares) isn't into a bank account. Seems like a muddle of terms - can you be clearer? Did you get company stock or cash? If stock, what is the current redeemable value? They would be the starting points.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: How/when to pay taxes on income outside Japan 2017/1/12 20:37
The bonus is in form of company shares, yes. The value is around 9000 UD. If it matters: I am not a permanent resident (instead 5 years work visa).
by Trannel rate this post as useful

Re: How/when to pay taxes on income outside Japan 2017/1/12 22:44
if you really got your company stock by no payment, it will be considered as a salary.
(getting the company stock is that your name was registered as the stock holder.)
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread