Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ta-Q-Bin 2017/1/27 20:46
I would like to forward my luggage from Nagoya to Kyoto, however, I would not be arriving Kyoto for a couple of days and my accommodation in Kyoto would not receive my luggage at an earlier date, would Yamato (Ta-Q-Bin) allow keeping my luggage for a day? Is it possible for me to obtain my luggage in a Ta-Q-Bin shop in Kyoto Station area instead?
thanks in advance
by Francis Yu (guest)  

Re: Ta-Q-Bin 2017/1/28 07:47
You can "delay" delivery by up to seven (I think) days at no additional fee.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Ta-Q-Bin 2017/1/28 14:15
Kyoto Chuo Yubin-kyoku(京都中央郵便局 Kyoto Central Post Office) which locates in the North Exit of JR Kyoto Sta, next to the "AQUA FANTASY"(fountain) opens 24 hrs where you can pick up you luggage.

On the JP POST Yu-pack label, print clearly the following address.

〒600-8799
京都府京都市下京区東塩小路町843−12
京都中央郵便局留め
YOUR FULL NAME PRINTED ON YOUR PASSPORT

At Kyoto Central Post office, go to "Yu-Yu madoguchi", not an ordinary post office desk/counter, then present your JP POST label and your passport. The office records your passport numbers. You will need to sign on a form of acceptance.

The post office will keep your luggage for 10 days since it has arrived from Nagoya. They won't let you know when it has arrived so you need to visit there on your own.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Ta-Q-Bin 2017/1/28 15:51
They won't let you know when it has arrived so you need to visit there on your own.

Don't you get a tracking number?
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Ta-Q-Bin 2017/1/28 16:21
hello Tokyo friend 48,

I'll use the Yamato transport service (Ta-Q-Bin) and put the destination address as Kyoto Central Post Office, i'll just get my luggage there when I arrive, am I right?

Will I be charged with storage fees?

thanks
by Francis (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ta-Q-Bin 2017/1/28 16:28
No, of course not, the post office will not accept a Yamato delivery, it's like asking Coca-cola to deliver you some Pepsi...
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Ta-Q-Bin 2017/1/28 17:52
JP Post does not keep your luggage because of different courier service.

For Yamato,

〒600-8232
京都府京都市下京区油小路通魚ノ棚下る油小路町308
ヤマト運輸 京都駅前センター営業所留め
YOUR FULL NAME

http://www.e-map.ne.jp/p/yamato01/dtl/062271/

Yamato branch of Kyoto sta center keeps your luggage for a week.
You need your passport when you pick you it.

The notification I mean is that the courier company won't phone you when the luggage is arrived. You can search by the tracking numbers on internet.

Re: Ta-Q-Bin 2017/1/28 17:55
The branch office opens Mon-Sat(8:00 - 21:00), Sun & Holiday(8:00 - 19:00).

You better to write or print the date when you will pick up the luggage on the label.

Re: Ta-Q-Bin 2017/1/28 18:03
thank you very much Tokyo friend, much much clearer now

by Francis (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ta-Q-Bin 2017/1/28 22:20
Post office is just next building from Kyoto station, while Yamato service center is 200-300 m far from Kyoto station. 3-4 blocks west from the station.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread