Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bicycle service/check? 2017/2/2 15:58
My bicycle recently is hard work to pedal. I think the rear brakes are 'on' slightly as there is a regular squeaking from there when pedaling. Also, when braking, pedestrians for 50 meters around leap to safety from the approaching screaming train sound from my brakes.

So, do bike shops do a check/service and how much is it likely to cost?

Also, how do I explain in Japanese: "Recently it's become very tough to pedal, and the rear brake seems to be binding and squeaking."
by Max (guest)  

Re: Bicycle service/check? 2017/2/3 06:00
Find a local bicycle shop & you can explain with gestures. Any shops basic service should sort these problems out. Bicycle shops the world over are normally pretty friendly places. Alternatively you should be able to find video's on youtube to show you how to do it yourself, no snark intended.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Bicycle service/check? 2017/2/6 06:20
Stan

Um, thanks, but if I wanted to 'explain with gestures' and to know that bike shops are all friendly, I'm wondering why did I bother posting my questions.

I don't get it, but I see it's not an uncommon trend for some posters to not answer the simple question put, but rather go way off on their own tangent.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could actually answer the questions I asked. Thanks!
by Max (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bicycle service/check? 2017/2/6 22:44
At risk of receiving a similar reprimand I'll just point out that he did answer one of your questions: any local bike shop should be able to sort you out just fine.

Also, I'll double down on my risk and go further to say that translating a sentence such as yours is not necessarily a "simple question," as you seem to think. Any bespoke translation is a result of many years of hard language study, involves putting one's reputation on the line (and inviting the critique of any passersby), and is usually a service (not unlike bike repair) that one receives a fee for.

I do apologize for this tangent, though.
by Harimogura (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bicycle service/check? 2017/2/7 05:06
Here are some simple Japanese word/sentences to convey your issue.

Recently = saikin
最近

It has become heavier to pedal = kogu noga omoku narimashita
こぐのが重くなりました

Rear brake is making a loud noise = ushiro bureki ga urusai
後ろブレーキがうるさい

All bike shop can make adjustments for you. I don't know the cost. If it is a simple adjustment, they may do it for free. If brake pads are worn out, you will have to replace them. If something is worn out, then it can get expensive.

by Mei-1 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread