Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Question about naturalization 2017/2/3 14:48
I am living in Japan since 13 years with engineer and spouse visa history. I am working at present on contract job. I get monthly salary. I have my Kojin business to which give me good income.
If I am preparing various documents requested by Homukyoku.
I have a question, while applying naturalization, is it necessary to have a regular job?
Homukyoku officer told me that your total family income is considered, no compulsion of regular job. Now I thinking to quit this regular job. Is there any problem if I do only kojin business at the time of applying? Anybody has knowledge about it?
by Normal (guest)  

Re: Question about naturalization 2017/2/4 22:10
Hi,

I am very interested in naturalization as well.

It seems to me that you already answered the question by yourself.

Homukyoku officer told me that your total family income is considered, no compulsion of regular job.

This is what I read somewhere. To raise your chances to get the citizenship, you must have paid your both residential taxes Z for the last three years.

I have no legal background, and this is only my simple understanding. Having a regular job is a plus. But, not having a regular job is not minus. However, not having a sufficient income is an issue. Not paying regular taxes yearly can be an issue as well.

This is means, even if you don't get paid very well/ high at your job, the only thing for them to know that you are having a stable financial life is whether you pay your annual taxes. You annual income should be stable.

There is a community on Google Plus called Turning Japanese. I read a lot there about naturalization:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/118186350756496669425
Good luck,

by kika (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Question about naturalization 2017/2/6 22:55
Rumors say that having stable income is considered the best. Often self-employed people will have a history of widely varying income, but they'd rather see consistent income. Again, this is just what I've heard.

I would recommend you ask your case-worker about this. They probably won't be able to give you a straight answer, but they might indicate one way or the other whether they'd prefer you to keep the job or not.
by Harimogura (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Question about naturalization 2017/2/7 15:05
Thanks for replying.
Anyway, I got the point. I am continously working as IT engineer since 2004 with gap only 9months. I am working now also and doing Kojin too. I have stable income. My official and educational record is clear. I have passed N2-Japanese level also.
I give part time work to Japanese people also from my Kojin. My case- worker in homuyoku told me that total family income is considered. My wife is also working as a seishain and working continuously.
by Normal (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread