Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Dr. Brown's Bottles/Baby Store in Tokyo 2017/2/4 21:56
Hey all, I'm heading to Tokyo tomorrow/Monday with a 5-week old infant who has been suffering from acid reflux and gas pretty badly just recently. I've read that a brand of bottle from the US called Dr. Browns can help a lot, and have ordered some from amazon... but didn't realize it may take a few weeks to get here until after I'd ordered them! (Oops...)

So does anyone know of any store in Tokyo that sells this brand of bottles, or have a recommendation for a Japanese brand that is similar I could try that helps with gas and reflux? Alternately, any good baby store that might have a selection of import stuff I can check out while I'm there?

Also, I've tried to find out if Gripe Water or infant gas drops are available here, but all the info I find about it in English is pretty old. Could I buy these somewhere in Tokyo too?

Thanks for any help!
by scarreddragon  

Re: Dr. Brown's Bottles/Baby Store in Tokyo 2017/2/5 11:35
There is a large Toys r Us store on the bottom level of Sunshine City Shopping centre at Ikebukuro- within that store is an extensive Babies r us- with everything that opens and shuts for a baby.

Also, it wasn't clear from your post whether you had ordered the bottles from Amazon.com or Amazon.co.jp. Because the Japan Amazon site certainly has the bottles you are looking for and will deliver to your hotel same day in most instances.

I've never had any luck with gripe water or similar for babies but I hope you find the solution for your little one and can enjoy awesome Tokyo.
by Jojo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Dr. Brown's Bottles/Baby Store in Tokyo 2017/2/5 14:03
Thank you Jojo for your reply! Yes, I ordered from amazon.co.jp but they're imports so shipping from the US. I don't think baby's r us carries this brand; I was thinking more like a fancy import store, but maybe I'll call them and see just in case!
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Dr. Brown's Bottles/Baby Store in Tokyo 2017/2/5 16:32
Probably best to try the other methods for reflux. Our bub had reflux also, and the expensive Dr Browns bottles didn't help. Not to say it won't help yours. Meds and controlled feeding techniques did. But in the quickness and ease of finding a solution, sonething other than bottle might need to be looked at until you get your hands on the bottles.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Dr. Brown's Bottles/Baby Store in Tokyo 2017/2/5 23:21
They're already on the way, but we'll see when they get here... meanwhile various things all together have controlled it, but she still has times where it's really bad. The bottles are next, and if things don't improve using them, we might have to go to the doctor and explore other options... I was just thinking since Tokyo has more options than the rural city I live in, I might find something here, but maybe I'm just desperate!

Re: Dr. Brown's Bottles/Baby Store in Tokyo 2017/2/6 04:03
Meanwhile you might want to look into your feeding method, is she drinking too fast? try burping her halfway the bottle?
by reprazent rate this post as useful

Re: Dr. Brown's Bottles/Baby Store in Tokyo 2017/2/6 07:50
That was the controlled feeding technique that worked best for one of my bubs.

Hopefully you can get something sorted asap. As a parent, reflux is a painful process for any parent. Good luck. It doesn't last forever. It get better.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Dr. Brown's Bottles/Baby Store in Tokyo 2017/2/6 20:35
reprazent, hakata14 thanks for the advice!

Yes, I started controlled feedings with her but I found she actually does better with one size up of nipple, as she doesn't gulp as much air. I also feed her upright, and keep her in that position for 15-30 minutes after feeding her to allow her stomach to settle. I try to burp her during the feeding, but she gets SO mad if you take the bottle from her before she's finished, so that's hard. But she gets burped after for sure!

I also found some sources saying apple cider vinegar could help. After trying a combination of things, she's gotten better. I received the bottles today (yay!) so we'll see how things go. If they don't help and she's still in pain from it, we'll go to the doctor next. I know it's common in infants to have some reflux, but I hate when she's in pain :( I've got to at least try everything I can!

reply to this thread