Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kanji meanings for tattoo 2017/2/14 10:28
Hi I hope you can help me with this, I've been studying japanese a little, and I want to have a tattoo with a meaning like "never quit, keep going for your goals, you can do everything or you can achieve what you set your mind" something like that, by now I found this words:

ˆÓŽu ishi
ˆÓŽu—Í ishiryoku

And some phrases like:
Œ˜”E•s”² ken nin fu batsu
‰ŽuŠÑ“O sho shi kan tetsu

But even when I searched on dictionary(took me a lot because I couldn't get the correct stroke numbers of each one) I believe that I don't understand the full meaning of those and well if I am going to tattoo something on me I would like to know the full meaning. Also I accept some suggestions if possible.

Thanks
by Arturo (guest)  

Re: Kanji meanings for tattoo 2017/2/14 12:46
I'm afraid that none of the four suit your intention. The first two means "will" and they look pretty dumb as caption-like phrases moreover a tattoo, and the latter two mentions about more specific projects you are working on with the former meaning more about tolerating.

By the way, my post in the following thread is just for your reference.
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+153852
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Kanji meanings for tattoo 2017/2/14 14:33
How about •KŸ "certain victory"?
by Harimogura rate this post as useful

Re: Kanji meanings for tattoo 2017/2/14 22:16
How about ”nŽ­ ?
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kanji meanings for tattoo 2017/2/15 05:09
Beautiful kanji in the suggestion by '..'-san!

Reminds me of that T-shirt with a giant kanji Ž¤ on the chest that a French clothing store sold in the noughties; also very cool!
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kanji meanings for tattoo 2017/2/15 10:33
How about getting something like "sorry, not allowed in onsen"?
by charibancho (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kanji meanings for tattoo 2017/2/17 17:50
How about an "I'm immature and stupid" kanji.

Japanese people will now be impressed with your insight into their cultural norms and respect your honesty (but, still, forget the onsen...).
by Anon (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread