Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Studying a Master's in Japan: life and future 2017/3/5 03:52
Hi guys,

I'd like to tell you about my future plans and ideas to see your thoughts about it and if some of you can help me. I'm about to graduate of a Business Administration degree, in a well recognised university in Spain.

I've almost certainly decided that I want to go to Japan after graduation, and even more precisely to Hokkaido. I'd like to do some kind of post-graduate studies (in that case a Master's degree). I've already been accepted by a professor to be a Research Student from this October in Hokudai, with the possibility to quit in April and start the Master's and continue my research while in the Master. I know Hokudai doesn't offer the most recognised MBA in Japan but I've heard the university has a good reputation within Japan and beyond.

I'd like to hear any kind of tips from any of you. I chose Sapporo because in my opinion it's a beautiful city and has tons of great nature around it. I'd like to add I've spent from Aug-Dec this past year in Nagoya studying a semester of my degree, if that can help.

Nowadays my level of Japanese is somewhere between N4 and N5, and while being a Research Student I'm offered to do a quite intensive Japanese language course. I'm not sure what to do while studying as a Research Student. For sure, I'll be working part-time, and trying to get any job based on my circumstances. My questions basically are: how can help me my academic background once I land in Sapporo? How much value would that MBA give me (in terms of finding job, quality of the job, etc. compared without the Master's).

I don't have great academic records but I consider myself a smart person. I've quite of side formation apart from my degree like Data Science courses, Big Data management and knowledge of some programming languages. My plans are not staying in Japan forever, but I'd like to spend several years working in Sapporo and after that I'd be open to move my location (maybe Tokyo) or just going back to my country with all the experience acquired (ideally trying to find job from Japan when I decide to come back). Being very uncertain, and given those perspectives, I'd like to hear your opinions and also people in similar situation like me would be very helpful for me. Thank you if you've read until now!
by Sgarc19 (guest)  

reply to this thread