Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Luggage forwarding 2017/3/17 10:55
Hello!

It may be a bit late i'm not sure, but tomorrow I leave Nara for Mount Koyasan just for one night, then on Sunday (19th) I leave Mount Koyasan to Osaka for a few nights. I have heard of luggage forwarding. Can anybody please recommend me / give tips on how to do this and what service is best to use here in Nara? My luggage is really really heavy and I don't want to take it to Mount Koyasan :(

Thank you.
by Alana24  

Re: Luggage forwarding 2017/3/17 15:50
Just go to the reception of whereever you are staying with the address at the ready and they will help you fill out the papers and handle the luggage for you - we normally just do it upon checkout :)
by Meyana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage forwarding 2017/3/17 19:23
I am staying in an airbnb so there is no reception
by Alana24 rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage forwarding 2017/3/17 19:56
Just do a search; this topic is discussed often.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage forwarding 2017/3/17 22:23
As I have and cannot figure out how to do it from Nara. Thanks anyway
by Alana24 rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage forwarding 2017/3/17 22:54
You look up the nearest convenience which offers this or the nearest service center of the company you want to use.

Then you have to fill out a label, the staff will measure your luggage, you pay.

With no Japanese abilites it's not going to be easy though.
by Asahana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage forwarding 2017/3/18 01:59
by check this (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage forwarding 2017/3/18 10:34
I've recently done this. It's quite easy.
Go to the nearest conbini (7-11, FamilyMart, Lawsons, etc...) with the suitcase. Tell the clerk you want to send it by Kuroneko "Kuroneko de okuritai desu." This isn't eloquent Japanese at all, but should communicate your intention. They will want to know if you want to pay the shipping fee now or have the recipient pay. Probably best to pay right then.
Then, they will give you the shipping form to fill out with the address of the recipient on the top and your return address (in your case your Airbnb address) at the bottom.
Finally they will weigh and measure the suitcase (it has to be under 25kg) and tell how much to pay.
Most likely it will be between 1200-2000 yen and arrive in 1 or 2 days at the destination.
Hope that helps!
by andrewmarston rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage forwarding 2017/3/19 19:57
In addition to a conbini, you can also go to a nearby hotel, even if you aren't a guest.
by PsyGuy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread