Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

japanese university (sports) circle culture 2017/3/21 00:44
hi everyone, i am an incoming freshman planning on joining a sports circle at my university.

i just wanted to know if sports circles are strict about attending training camps and such. i will definitely attend practices, but i heard that a lot of these circles have training camps during summer vacations and was wondering if these were mandatory. (i might have to spend this year's summer vacation in my home country for personal reasons)

i understand this probably differs by circles, but can someone give me a general answer? i don't want to join a sports circle, tell them "hey i can't attend this year's summer camp" and leave a negative impression as a freshman...

thank you for the help!!
by milky (guest)  

Re: japanese university (sports) circle culture 2017/3/21 10:53
Just ask before joining...
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: japanese university (sports) circle culture 2017/3/21 14:23
Some are more so than others. If you don't attend summer camp you might not get as much playing time.
by PsyGuy rate this post as useful

Re: japanese university (sports) circle culture 2017/3/21 15:18
Like Firas wrote, just ask before joining and start paying the fee.

Btw, there are hard-core official sports clubs, and then there are those friendship-type sports circles, and I assume you're talking about the latter. In that case, the main purpose of summer camps is usually friendship. They want members, especially freshmen, coming so that they can spend all the time they want to sleep over and to really get to know each other. And this goes for all circles of any kind, not just sports circles.

So keep that in mind when asking, and if you gotta go home you gotta go home.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread