Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Line etiquette question 2017/3/21 19:49
Greetings!
It's so bad from me, I know but I forgot to do that.
I added a Japanese person in Line and we talked in the first day without anything happening. In the second day, we talked then the person sent me a picture of the thing they were doing but I just said good luck and didn't comment on their picture because I can't see it.
Do you think that the person would be opset if I told them the truth that I'm nearly blind?????!.
Do you think I should tell them now(!
Sorry, I know that this question doesn't have to be here but I didn't find anywhere else to ask.
Thank you so much.
by Someone (guest)  

Re: Line etiquette question 2017/3/22 12:11
If I bumped into someone like you on Line or any other chat, I would want to be told about it. I would be upset if you didn't tell me :) Of course it would limit exchanges of images and emoticons in our conversation, but that is where we need to express ourselves better in text( you are relying on text read-out function I assume?)
by ...... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Line etiquette question 2017/3/22 13:29
I would be upset if you didn't tell me :)

Translation: I am blaming you for being reluctant to disclose something about you for which you are heavily discriminated against, but hey, I do it with a smile :)
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Line etiquette question 2017/3/22 14:47
Well I would want to be informed if the other person I am talking with couldn't see the image I sent. If my PC or cell was it working right and I couldn't see a photo someone sent or an attached file got lost, I would tell the other person what happened.
by ......... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Line etiquette question 2017/3/22 15:27
You are not responsible for the feelings of others, as long as you are behaving in good grace. Tell them, apologise, and move on. As Japanese they will almost certainly accept your apology and then either continue chatting with you or they won't.
by PsyGuy rate this post as useful

Re: Line etiquette question 2017/3/22 22:30
Thank you guys! I told the person but I don't know if they read it or no. I'll wait untill tomorrow, maybe the person is sleeping because it's 10:cj now in Japan.
Thank you!
by Someone (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread