Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Studying arts through MEXT scholarship 2017/3/30 02:33
Greetings!

As the application season for the Monbukagakusho (MEXT) scholarship is starting in a few days, considering the undergraduate scholarship won't be suspended in my country this year for whatever reason like the past 2 years, I would like to ask if anyone here knows whether it is possible to choose arts as a field of study.

To be precise I would love to study anything related to CG and 3D art, mostly "animation" as it's both related to the Animation and Video Game industries.

The application guide for the scholarship doesnt state anything about such field of study and I'm not even sure if it can be classified under the (other) group in social humanities category.

I tried searching for universities that include these courses but it seems most of them are private or accept research student. Personally I would rather be studying the subject from scratch in a college than choosing it as a research project. Specially, considering the fact that this field of study isn't really a thing in my country and that I've already started my first year in college aiming for a software engineering degree.

I would be applying for the normal embassy recomendation so I don't get to choose the university I want to apply to but knowing they do exist would be reassuring and most likely helpful for the interview as well.

Thanks in advance!
by 06hypersonic60  

reply to this thread