Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hotel security 2017/3/30 23:35
Hi,
I was wondering a bit on security in hotels like Toyoko inn. As I was staying in one of those a few nights noticing utterly noisy behaviour late at night in the corridors I was thinking of calling reception but as my Japanese skills are rather limited to "urusai" and perhaps "okyakusama" I passed.

But say guests would be very noisy and you proclaimed this to the staff, would they call some kind of security or deal with it themselves? Seems like they work solo at night so...

I have seen tourists fight in hotels with staff in other countries for various reasons so the possibility exist but hopefully rare...

Just out of curiosity.

Peace!
by Momo (guest)  

Re: Hotel security 2017/3/31 09:32
I've stayed at many Toyoko Inns, and some of the staffs do speak a little English. So, if your Japanese does not get through, try simple English. Sample Japanese: soto-ga urusai desu (it's noisy outside).

I have encountered noisy guests, too. But I understood what they were saying, so I knew it would not last too long. It is usually groups of tourists (e.g., families, or tour group) coordinating what to do (like, what to eat for dinner, what time to meet, etc.). Some of them can be very loud, and it does not help that the walls and doors are not well insulated.

I do think Toyoko Inns have security staff, or dispatch for one timely. Because, one time, I reported that the emergency exit door was open on my floor. Then they immediately sent someone with a walkie-talkie to investigate. It turned out that a smoker was looking for a place to smoke.
by senkai (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel security 2017/4/1 13:01
Hotels may seem like they have one person on duty, but there usually is one or more people in the back. I think they would gladly come up to your floor to suggest them to "tone down or come to the lobby because other guests may be sleeping".

You can tell them what room or floor you are at, and say that the "noise" (same in Japanese) is coming from "the hallway" or "rouka" in Japanese, or even from a specific room number.

As for more serious incidents, I think that a lot of hotels rely on a remote security system where you can notify the security company and someone would instantly come by car. And of course, they can always call 110, the police.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread