Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cheap see through rain coats 2017/4/17 14:42
Basically its raining right this moment in Kyoto. And i have an umbrella. Which is fine. What caught my eye though was the number of people wear clear plastic rain coats.

Anyone know where i can get one, how much it costs and if its suited for hiking in yakushima.
by Shintai  

Re: Cheap see through rain coats 2017/4/18 14:24
If you're talking about something like these, they're available everywhere including 100-yen shops and convenience stores.
https://matome.naver.jp/odai/2145208637843160401
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Cheap see through rain coats 2017/4/18 15:06
combini store.

not really suited to hiking, emergency only. one branch on a hiking trail and it be ripped in two.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cheap see through rain coats 2017/4/18 18:03
The problem with hiking in something like that, or any other cheap impermeable plastic raincoat, is that even though it's effective at keeping the rain out,you'll still get soaked from your own sweat. That's why people pay big bucks for fancy shells made with fabrics like Goretex. Still, it may be better than nothing; you might instead opt for a poncho since they allow much more airflow through the bottom.
by gfoulk rate this post as useful

Re: Cheap see through rain coats 2017/4/18 18:29
The raincoat is good enough for me who don't hike under mid-summer heat, only walks for half an hour on flat paths, and likes to travel light ;)
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread