Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Good websites for JLPT instead of books 2017/5/20 02:49
Hello guys...
Are there any good websites to study for the JLPT tests?
A website that offers grammar lessons and vocab lists or something like that...
Umumum, do you know this YouTube channel (Nihongo no mori) is it good for such tests?
Anyways, any good website would be the best since I'm the kind of student who loves reading the lesson instead of watching a video about it. Maybe when I'm done with the written lesson, I might watch a video about what I learned in there. That helps a lot to stick the grammatical points in your head. But of course with using them by creating your own sentences and trying to use them while speaking to your Japanese friends or maybe recording your voice diary in Japanese (As I do).
Thank you so much!
by I really want to learn (guest)  

Re: Good websites for JLPT instead of books 2017/5/21 23:03
I usually use a website called Maggie Sensei. It's good as they cover a very huge number of grammar and it teaches you "real Japanese phrases" and a bit of vocab. In addition, the lessons are long and has a lot of examples both in polite and casual speechs. (You can increase your vocabulary by memorizing the once that are used in the examples, I tried doing so but they were a lot more than what a human mind could memorize so I stopped. Maybe you can write them somewhere in your notebook and then memorize them whenever you feel like doing it. (and yeah, memorizing a couple of words a day doesn't hurt, at least you are incrasing your vocabulary little by little.).
What's annoying me a bit about this website is that the lessons aren't organized at all so you have to choose whatever you're interested in learning. I would be the happiest girl on earth if they organize the lessons by levels, for example: lower beginner, beginner, upper beginner, lower intermidiate, intermidiate and so on.
Oh yeah, and before I forget, the is this website which is called Japanesetest4you? maybe I'm not really sure about the name. They have lists of grammar you need to know for each JLPT level. I found it helpful but the problem is that they only give you the meaning and then some examples and that's it. You can just see the grammatical points that you have to learn from there, and then just search in the internet for more information about that particular grammar point.
That what I really use currently.
Goodluck!
by Chokohime rate this post as useful

Re: Good websites for JLPT instead of books 2017/5/22 01:36
You really study Japanese by a person that calls himself/herself Sensei?
by Kenshiro (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Good websites for JLPT instead of books 2017/5/22 01:54
I mean it still can be good, im just feeling suspect considering that award winning Japan teachers, who are known in many countries do not use Sensei and say it is slightly arrogant. I also believe they say it in every Japanese book. Like Genki, probably in Minna No Nihongo too, as well as in Nihongo De Douzo, and Minna de Manabo Nihongo and many more...

Re: Good websites for JLPT instead of books 2017/5/22 02:02
Maggie is not the name of a person. Maggie is a dog that the one who created the website choose to be the main teacher.
The website is funny because they host a guest teacher that is just another animal.

Re: Good websites for JLPT instead of books 2017/5/22 02:38
Thanks that you took the time to explain it.
Anyhow sadly for me its stillt too advanced for me, even simple stuff like Kono kawaisa, tamaranai desho?

Well at least i learned something new like sa and tamaranai.. but why is kono i and why do not use desu since its a question anyway. Anyhow i miss gramatical explanation, but maybe its better this way, because if i have to look it up its easier to remember.

Btw is it correctly used kawaisa, not kawaiisa? Im wondering because Sa is really new to me and i just found it through the dictionary.

Re: Good websites for JLPT instead of books 2017/5/22 14:44
Kawaisa is the correct thing as I know. Kawaiisa doesn't sound right to me.
You just drop the last i and then add sa to it.

Re: Good websites for JLPT instead of books 2017/5/22 15:31
Um yes, it's for more advanced learners I guess.
I sometimes feel lost because they don't really start from the beginner lessons.
It might be because a lot of the lessons are people's requests about some grammatical points the didn't understand completely.

Re: Good websites for JLPT instead of books 2017/5/26 09:18
I hope they also help you がんばってくたさい
http://ishijls.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-684.html
http://jlpt.u-biq.org/
by Mei (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Good websites for JLPT instead of books 2017/5/26 22:04
Thank you so much guys!
I'll check them out...
by I really want to learn (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread