Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

To buy acrylics paints, brushes, etc 2017/5/23 22:55
I'm planning to be in Osaka for 2-3 days before proceeding to Hiroshima city. I'm also interested to visit handy-craft places in Osaka and to shop for paints, brushes, etc..
by Peter GWEE (guest)  

Re: To buy acrylics paints, brushes, etc 2017/5/24 10:16
Try the top floor at the Tokyu Hands building in Shinsaibashi! Lots of art supplies.
by ruby (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: To buy acrylics paints, brushes, etc 2017/5/24 11:30
Hi Peter,
Not sure where you'll be staying in Osaka, but here are 2 more art supply shops that are located in the Umeda part of Osaka. Kawachi and Loft:

Kawachi Art Supply shop is located under the Hankyu Umeda Station, known as Sanbangai, is you click on the google maps link on their webpage, it'll show you where to go, sorry the page is in Japanese.
http://www.kawachigazai.co.jp/store.html

Loft is another store that has an art section, they have a store in Shinsaibashi and another store in Umeda Lucua, but this is the main store. There is a map link on the top of the page and it'll be in google maps. It's close to The Hankyu Umeda Station.
http://www.loft.co.jp/shop_list/detail.php?shop_id=143

I believe Loft and Tokyu Hands are tax free for visitors, not sure about Kawachi though. All the prices between the shops are comparable.

Hope this helps.
by KylOsaka (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: To buy acrylics paints, brushes, etc 2017/5/24 12:23
From what I remember, the Tokyu Hands in Shinsaibashi has a substore of Kawachi inside of it. We bought a bunch of Copic markers there last trip. And yeah, I think we got everything tax-free. I'm not sure if we had to spend over 10,000 yen or not.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: To buy acrylics paints, brushes, etc 2017/5/24 18:18
Thank you so much for the information. It is certainly will be a great help for me. Cheers.
by Peter GWEE (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: To buy acrylics paints, brushes, etc 2017/5/24 19:44
I think the 10,000yen limit has been reduced to 5,000yen. At least in Loft it has.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread