Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Docomo wi-fi for visitors 2017/6/9 02:33
Hi everyone.

I'm thinking about the possibility of using Docomo's wi-fi service as an alternative to portable wi-fi.

https://visitor.docomowifi.com/en/details/index.html

I'll be in Tokyo (plus daytrips to Kamakura, etc) making the most of the 90 day visa waiver and staying in a room with my own private wi-fi facilities, so I was wondering how viable it would be to just use Docomo while I'm out and about instead of going to the trouble of getting a pocket wi-fi. I don't really need to do an heavy lifting as far as data is concerned, but I will need the ability to get connected while I'm out in Tokyo. Usage would be Google Maps, LINE/iMessage, Facetime/Skype (audio calls, not video), and occasionally very light web browsing. Coverage seems to be good especially around stations, and the pricing at 1300 yen for 3 weeks is way better than pocket wi-fi. But what really matters I suppose is, is it viable? Are these hotspots reliable or will I find myself desperately needing to send a text message with no way of getting connected?

Appreciate any and all advice!
by Snacks (guest)  

Re: Docomo wi-fi for visitors 2017/6/11 14:24
by Luisjp rate this post as useful

reply to this thread