Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Did i drink tea with kombu? 2017/6/15 00:24
I once got tea send tea, they said it was the broken form of gyokuro.

It tasted weird at the beginning like soup, so i spilled it away. But after like a minute or so the taste evolved to something really nice, like the taste of really nice tea and the flavour stayed for many minutes.

I did not prepare the tea in the right vessel, so i did got many leafs in the tea that might have influenced the flavour.
by Kenshiro (guest)  

Re: Did i drink tea with kombu? 2017/6/16 03:12
Very possible, I had it several times myself, lots of umami taste!
by Jim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Did i drink tea with kombu? 2017/6/16 15:34
usually it is a powder.
i also like the taste, but someone must stop to think it is as a "tea" even if it is called like this. i think there is no real tea in it even.
it also exists with ume, which is even better imo
by Glimpigumpi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Did i drink tea with kombu? 2017/6/16 20:57
I did not express myself clearly. It looked like green tea, they said it was Konacha from Gyokuro.
Because of the complete different taste i had at first , i could not explain i thought it was Kombu mixed in it.
It was first a taste i could not explain, maybe like soup, i could not decide weather i liked it or not but then i worried maybe it went bad or something and i throw it away. Then like a minute later a really awesome taste evolved.

by Kenshiro (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Did i drink tea with kombu? 2017/6/17 13:12
Kenshiro,

I understand what you're trying to say. Do you have the package of that gyokuro (or gyokuror mix)? Maybe someone can read it to see if z (konbu) or any other substance such as A~m_ or something is included. Otherwise, konacha typically doesn't contain anything else but that specific green tea plant. Of course, as you may know, gyokuro is a specifically rich-flavored type among Japanese green teas.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread