Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Did i drink tea with kombu? 2017/6/15 00:24
I once got tea send tea, they said it was the broken form of gyokuro.

It tasted weird at the beginning like soup, so i spilled it away. But after like a minute or so the taste evolved to something really nice, like the taste of really nice tea and the flavour stayed for many minutes.

I did not prepare the tea in the right vessel, so i did got many leafs in the tea that might have influenced the flavour.
by Kenshiro (guest)  

Re: Did i drink tea with kombu? 2017/6/16 03:12
Very possible, I had it several times myself, lots of umami taste!
by Jim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Did i drink tea with kombu? 2017/6/16 15:34
usually it is a powder.
i also like the taste, but someone must stop to think it is as a "tea" even if it is called like this. i think there is no real tea in it even.
it also exists with ume, which is even better imo
by Glimpigumpi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Did i drink tea with kombu? 2017/6/16 20:57
I did not express myself clearly. It looked like green tea, they said it was Konacha from Gyokuro.
Because of the complete different taste i had at first , i could not explain i thought it was Kombu mixed in it.
It was first a taste i could not explain, maybe like soup, i could not decide weather i liked it or not but then i worried maybe it went bad or something and i throw it away. Then like a minute later a really awesome taste evolved.

by Kenshiro (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Did i drink tea with kombu? 2017/6/17 13:12
Kenshiro,

I understand what you're trying to say. Do you have the package of that gyokuro (or gyokuror mix)? Maybe someone can read it to see if 昆布 (konbu) or any other substance such as アミノ酸 or something is included. Otherwise, konacha typically doesn't contain anything else but that specific green tea plant. Of course, as you may know, gyokuro is a specifically rich-flavored type among Japanese green teas.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread