Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Moving to Japan - Working Hol plan 2017/6/21 20:07
Hi all,

I'm planning to make a move to Tokyo from UK in early 2018. I've done a fair bit of research and just want some feedback on my current plan, as I've not spoken extensively with anyone who's done something similar.
1 - I plan to first travel a bit before settling into an apartment
2 - I've taken a TEFL course and plan to work part time teaching English (also have a degree)
3 - I'm learning Japanese and if i have time might take the N5 qualification
4 - I'm going to book a flight soon and BEFORE I apply for a Visa, is this stupid?

So that's my plan, here are my concerns:
1 - Where am I going to leave my luggage if I'm away travelling for the first month
2 - I have enough savings, but will part-time work be enough to pay for accom in Tokyo over 6-12 months?
3 - If denied a Working Holiday Visa, can I re-apply for a holiday and just travel for a month before applying again later?

This is a dream adventure for me - I'm quitting my job and renting out my house etc. to make it happen. I don't want to plan every detail down to the bone but want to make sure I'm not missing anything crucial that could jeopardise getting there in the first place

Really looking forward to your comments!

-Andy
by AndyJM90  

reply to this thread