Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Dewa Sanzan in one day with bus reduction 2017/7/9 06:41
I would like to do Dewa Sanzan in one day in the following manner: Bus from Tsuruoka station to base of Haguro-san, hike up the trail, bus from the stop near the summit to Gas-san eighth station, hike up to Gas-san, hike down to Yudono-san. Formerly, I could take a bus back to the station, but that option is apparently removed. I could arrange this to be on a weekend so that I could take the bus back to Haguro-san, then another back to Tsuruoka. I must catch the 623p bus out of Tsuruoka. Is this still possible?

I realize that the page says it's five hours to go from Gas-san eighth to Gas-san to Yudono-san, but my rule of thumb is that it takes less than half of what is normally stated (I am almost a sub-three-hour marathoner and can easily pick up the pace if need be to do this in two hours instead of five, but we'll say three to be safe).

I cannot find a clear updated schedule for the buses on the operator's website that includes the stops I need. I can leave out as early as I would need to. I would like to go to Haguro-san first, climb the trail, and be there at opening, then catch the first bus from the stop near the summit over to Gas-san eighth station, unless that first bus would not allow me time enough to climb the ascent and spend at least 30 minutes. Then the ride, the 3 hour hike, at least 30 min for each Gas-san and Yudono-san, then the bus ride back to Haguro-san and bus ride back to Tsuruoka station before 623p.

Could someone help me with the math on this? Still possible, or is taxi the only way? If so, how much would a taxi be from Yudono-san to Tsuruoka station? Or how reliable would a hitchhike be? Thanks.
by jasonlong1212  

Re: Dewa Sanzan in one day with bus reduction 2017/7/9 15:20
good question. however i would be careful with the duration half time calculations, cause the path down from gasshan goes sometimes even over steel ladders, so you might not be able to process them with fast pace.
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread