Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Highly Skilled Prof./Part-Time Experience? 2017/7/12 13:14
Hi guys! So my guess is that answer to my question is "no," but I wanted to ask just in case. Basically, I REALLY want permanent residence status in Japan and was under the impression that I would have to wait 10 years because I didn't have enough points to be considered a Highly Skilled Professional (HSP).

However, I recently discovered that there certain items (in my case a double-major and a top-300 university) that can give you points that, for some reason, are only shown on the Japanese language version of the HSP table. In other words, I am for certain eligible for HSP status since January 2017.

With regards to the years of working experience question, I put down 3 to 5 (I currently have a little more than 3.5 years full time working experience in my field of graphic design.) However, when I was in college I did work an addition 2 years employed part-time as the primary graphic designer for a boutique in the US. I worked about 25-35 hours a week during that time period. I also was employed as a freelance

Would this count as "working experience?" If so, it means I would be eligible as a HSP since January 2015 and could speed the process up even further. By guess is that it won't, but it doesn't hurt to ask!
by KaileneDanae  

Re: Highly Skilled Prof./Part-Time Experience? 2017/7/17 15:26
by Luisjp rate this post as useful

Re: Highly Skilled Prof./Part-Time Experience? 2017/7/17 18:47
I am not sure the double-major would help (it is the awarded degree). I have a triple major, but I only count it once among my various quals.

As for work experience, I would count the 2 years as 25-35 hours is full time in some places.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread