Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

To Tottori with Kansai Wide Area Pass 2017/7/20 14:13
I'm planning to travel from Osaka to Tottori using the Kansai Wide Area pass. Noted on the jr-west website that there is a separate fee required from Kamigori - Tottori.

1) how much is the fee and how do I pay for this fee if I'm planning to take the direct train from Osaka to Tottori ( Ltd Exp Super Hakuto)?

2) if I decide to travel from Himeji instead, is Ltd Exp Super Inaba covered by Kansai Wide Area pass well? And the same separate fee is needed?

Thank you.
by Angie (guest)  

Re: To Tottori with Kansai Wide Area Pass 2017/7/21 13:22
My answers to your two questions in the clause 2) are both yes.

While (Osaka --) Himeji -- Kamigori -- Chizu -- Tottori is the most direct course by rail,
when you travel with a JR-West Kansai WIDE Area Pass, it is not good cost-wise to go by this course.

When you take a Super Hakuto train without seat reservation, the total of the regular fees required for the section Kamigori -- Chizu (of Chizu Express) plus the section Chizu -- Tottori (of JR-West) is 3050 yen.
You can purchase your through basic-fare ticket and Limited Express ticket for this leg probably together with your Kansai WIDE Area Pass.

What other places (in Kansai and Chugoku Regions) do you plan to visit?

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: To Tottori with Kansai Wide Area Pass 2017/7/21 15:35
Thank you.

For now the plan is to use the 5 day pass to make day trip to Tottori, Amanohashidate, Kobe and Okayama from Osaka.

May I know what is the most cost-effective way to get to Tottori then?
by Angie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: To Tottori with Kansai Wide Area Pass 2017/7/22 18:35
Up through Kyoto and Kinosaki would be the most cost effective way for Osaka to Tottori.

See map on JR West Website:- https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/ticket/pass/kansai_wide/
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: To Tottori with Kansai Wide Area Pass 2017/7/25 09:37
Guess it's not really viable going to Tottori then with either option based on cost / time involved.

Thank you.

Re: To Tottori with Kansai Wide Area Pass 2017/7/25 10:18
How about staying overnight on the way?

For example, it is about 2 hours to go by railway from Kinosakionsen Station via Hamasaka to Tottori Station, on two trains with a short transfer at Hamasaka.
(Trains are not frequently available beyond Kinosakionsen, though.)

After visiting Amanohashidate, you can travel via Toyooka to Kinosakionsen Station in the evening then stay in Kinosaki for that night (as long as there is vacancy in accommodation).
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: To Tottori with Kansai Wide Area Pass 2017/7/26 12:17
Thank you.

Might consider staying over at Toyooka.

Thank you all for your help!

reply to this thread