Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How can I go high school in Japan? 2017/7/31 16:11
I'm 13 years old, and I still have 3 years (16 years old). I don't know what to do, like:

Where to live?
How much will it cost?
Do I need to speak Japanese fluently?
How will I enroll myself?
What do I need to live in Japan?
How will I survive?
When does the school starts and ends?
What website can I learn how to read, speak, and understand?

Please help me... Its really my dream to go highschool at Japan.
by kailin24  

Re: How can I go high school in Japan? 2017/7/31 17:11
Although in principle you can get a student visa for the sole purpose of going to high school, it will be very hard to find a school willing to admit you outside of an exchange program if you are not living in Japan in the first place.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: How can I go high school in Japan? 2017/7/31 22:16
Ask (one of) your parents to move to Japan.
by 88Tim rate this post as useful

Re: How can I go high school in Japan? 2017/8/1 14:23
Firas has the right answer. Additionally, as a foreigner and underage, consider that you will need a guardian and guarantor in Japan to do basic things like renting an apartment, getting a cellphone contract, etc. Who's going to do that for you? Honestly very difficult. Only way is if you have someone here willing to take care of you (like relatives) or if one of your parents happens to move to Japan for work or something and brings you along.

Instead, I'd recommend you to use the following years to learn japanese really well and then apply to universities here.
by the true (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How can I go high school in Japan? 2017/8/1 16:26
a guardian (and guarantor) must show FULL responsibility about your behaviors and actions in Japan, because you are a minor. thus, they must stay in Japan. I think that rule is universal, at least in civilized countries. your parents and you must know it.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How can I go high school in Japan( 2017/8/2 00:12
I'm 4 years older than you OP, and I had and still have the same dream as yours, but I couldn't achieve it. However, I believe that I can achieve it someday. Maybe next year, or in university? who knows.
As I remember, some JVlogers and YouTubers went to a Japanese high school. You might be able to ask them about it.
by Manar (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How can I go high school in Japan( 2017/8/2 00:33
Learn Japanese from now and see how it becomes when you are 16. Just learn it and don't stop. Start from textbooks like Genki or Minna no nihongo if you were a beginner or any other textbooks and then continue to intermidiate and advanced textbooks. Watch Japanese dramas without subtitles, listen to Japanese songs and (watch Japanese YouTubers when you become at the the intermidiate level). Make Japanese friends on HelloTalk and practice speaking and/or record daily short logs speaking in Japanese about your day etc. Join a class at your school if you have any. Or join a course that teaches Japanese and such.
I guess you'll be fine at the time.
Note: you can use subtitles in the beginning though.
Good luck!!!
by Manar (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How can I go high school in Japan? 2017/8/2 08:10
OP - you are 13 years old. In some countries it is technically illegal for you to be left alone in a house without someone to look after you, and you want to go to japan to go to school.

Many of your questions are able to be answered in the internet - not just in forums. If you were serious, do some serious work and research first.

That ignores the fact that you still need money - parents?? - before you even embark on your dream (or nightmare when you discover the realities of living in Japan are not like you imagine).
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: How can I go high school in Japan? 2017/8/2 09:46
where are you from?.i think your country have a lots of japanese language schools . and japanese educational centre. you can start with them to nurture your japanese language first.
by chike20 rate this post as useful

Re: How can I go high school in Japan? 2017/8/6 09:54
You are 13 years old... what means do you have to survive on your own in Japan?

Get your mom / dad to move over with you? Have them transfer $X every month for your allowances / accommodation? Do you know the impact on your family in relation to those above?

My honest suggestion to you is - finish school first wherever you are, get a job and earn some basic moolah (of course - you could borrow from your family) then you can talk about moving over to Japan.

And stop taking those J-drama and anime so seriously.
by ...!1..1! (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread