Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

kono suteppu mo furitsuke mo... 2017/8/10 23:41
Two dancers are watching a dance routine from "Singin' in the Rain." One thinks that a colleague's routine might have been inspired by it. The other replies: 「これが元ネタって訳じゃないよ。このステップも振り付けも見栄えるものはだいたいがこの時代に試され演じられてる。」

I understand that the first sentence is saying "this wasn't the inspiration," but I don't understand the second sentence, particularly the last bit, the 試され演じられてる part. "In the steps and choreography, the showmanship is the point, but..."? I understand both 試す and 演じる individually, but not how they're combined here, or the point that's being made overall.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
by Blenheim (guest)  

Re: kono suteppu mo furitsuke mo... 2017/8/11 14:04
"Moto-neta" means "the original (idea)." So this "other" is saying:

- This is not the original. Of these steps and the choreography, those that look great, for the most part, have already been tried and performed during this era.

Meaning that the dance routine in "Singin' in the Rain" has some steps and moves that have been tried by their contemporaries already, that their routine was inspired by something else. This "te-iru" form in "tamesare, enjirarete..." express that they "have already been" done in the past.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: kono suteppu mo furitsuke mo... 2017/8/12 01:10
That makes sense. Thank you very much for your help.
by Blenheim (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread