Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sending a suitcase home to the UK without me 2017/8/20 06:30
How do I send a suitcase back home to the UK so I don't have to carry it around on my week to China on my way home?
by MahouYuki  

Re: Sending a suitcase home to the UK without me 2017/8/21 09:13
Post.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Sending a suitcase home to the UK without me 2017/8/21 16:59
@Firas That was the only choice that came to my mind. Personally I think it would be expensive and not worth it. I would lug it around. However there will probably be luggage services at the airport in China as there are in Japan where you could leave it for the week.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Sending a suitcase home to the UK without me 2017/8/21 21:22
http://www.post.japanpost.jp/index_en.html

see "Sending Overseas". You can check the fare by yourself. If it is 20 kg, the fare is from 10000 yen to 30000 yen depending of the sending methods.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Sending a suitcase home to the UK without me 2017/8/24 02:26
two services and very different pricing levels

sendmybag.com (fast service)

parcel2go.com (slower service but cheaper)

by Abby7 rate this post as useful

Re: Sending a suitcase home to the UK without me 2017/8/27 08:22
Frog1954

Japan post is cheap (if SAL or surface) but it's not just weight. The box/case dimensions are probably more important than weight, and don't allow for a very big box. I doubt most good sized suitcases would fit inside their dimensions limits.
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sending a suitcase home to the UK without me 2017/8/27 22:16
Tom,

Thank you for your reply.

https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/question/110.html

Japan post recommends to use not suitcase but an appropriate-sized cardboard box. The OP might better ask the nearby post office for the precise information.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread