Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Check-in Muji shelves in boxes 2017/8/20 15:53
I'm planning to buy some shelves from Muji in Japan as they are not available in our country. Can I bring these shelves back home on my departure?

Thank you.
by Anon (guest)  

Re: Check-in Muji shelves in boxes 2017/8/21 07:02
Exactly which ones are you talking about, and are they foldable?
by .......... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Check-in Muji shelves in boxes 2017/8/21 10:07
Hello, not foldable but can be disassembled (steel shelving units). Height 83 cm. Thank your for your reply.
by Anon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Check-in Muji shelves in boxes 2017/8/21 14:03
Check the dimensions with your airline. I know Air New Zealand carries purchases along with check-in luggage, no charge unless you go over your weight limit. I've seen other passengers checking in boxes of wine with their luggage, bicycles disassembled and boxed up also.
by LoveJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Check-in Muji shelves in boxes 2017/8/21 21:38
Thank you.
by Anon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Check-in Muji shelves in boxes 2017/8/22 09:55
Are you talking about purchasing one on your visit and then shipping it back home in its box, as you travel back? Then as LoveJapan mentioned, you would need to check with your airline about the maximum size & weight you can bring in/extra charge for heavy luggage (hearing it is steel).

If you are living in Japan, and have other furniture too, that would be a job for a moving company.
by ........ (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread