Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I buy Docomo sim for my iphone? 2017/8/21 21:33
I will be travelling to Japan in October for 3 weeks. A friend has told me he buys Docomo Sims in HK and they work very well and are cheap HK$25 for 1 week.

However Im coming from Melbourne (although I will be transitting in HK) and wanted to know if 1. They are available in Australia, 2. Or HK airport, or Kansai airport please.

And where, and how much please.

Or if there are better alternatives.
by MarkfromMelbourne (guest)  

Re: Can I buy Docomo sim for my iphone? 2017/8/22 22:54
DoCoMo sim sold in Hong Kong, i think are not available at the airport, but you can pickup at the airport arrival hall if you buy from some side, you can get them through groupon or sham shui po side street stalls or other small telecom shops, and the cost I think is about HKD45 and up, not HKD25, your only options are roaming data sim from China Unicom (roam through Softbank only) and china mobile ( not sure which roam network), China Unicom is HKD 138 for unlimited data for 7 Days (first 3GB max speed, afterward with reduce speed) or HKD 199 I think, for 7 Days use, (5GB data only) and China Mobile is HKD250 for 10GB data for 14 Days I think, these or the normal price.

all can be got for a cheaper price if from Sham Shui Po.

Just a side note, I always get the China Unicom 7 Days Unlimited use, Original price at HKD138, from Sham Shui Po it cost about HKD 75 and up, HKD 75 is the price I paid for one to be used in December during my Japan trip.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Can I buy Docomo sim for my iphone? 2017/8/23 06:52
Thanks for response. I was hoping to buy it without exiting immigration but sounds like that isn't possible.
by Mark (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I buy Docomo sim for my iphone? 2017/8/23 07:25
I think you can still buy data cards in the airside of the airport, but not the docomo, the docomo are all imported sim card from small hk trading companies. I remember getting a few for a friend, the packaging are cheaply made and the information are just written and photo copied, the same sim are available with different packaging and the different authorised trader's name and company information.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread