Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itinerary and Transport (Kansai Region) 2017/8/24 01:04
Please help to review my itinerary and provide some transport advice. Based on my travel route, is there any pass that I could purchase that will be cost effective? Thank you!

Day 1: Arrive Kansai 9am. Travel from Kansai airport to Osaka, staying at Minami Morimachi area. Free and easy around the area.
Transport: Take Nankai-Kuko Line towards Nankai-Namba to Tengachaya Station. Take Sakaisuji Line towards Kita-Senri to Minami-Morimachi Station.

Day 2: Nara Day Trip
Transport: Minami-Morimachi Station take Sakaisuji Line towards Tengachaya to Nippombashi Station. Kintetsu-Nippombashi Station take Kintetsu-Nara Line to Kintetsu-Nara Station.

Day 3: Kurumon Ichiba, Shinsaibashi (Shopping Day)

Day 4: Have not plan. Properly visit some scenic places such as Osaka Castle / Aquarium. Any suggestion?

Day 5: Leave Osaka, head to Ogoto onsen station. Stay over at one of the ryokan.
Transport: Take JR Tokaido-Sanyo Line from Osaka station towards Nagahama to Yamashina. Take Kosei Line towards Omi-Imazu to Ogotoonsen Station. Is there large baggage storage area at this station?

Day 6: Lake Biwa half day tour. Head toward Kyoto and continue stay at Kyoto for the rest of the trip. Transport: Ogotoonsen Station Kosei Line towards Kyoto, Kyoto Station (Platform 2) Karasuma Line towards Kokusaikaikan to Marutamachi Station.

Day 7: Southern Higashiyama, Downtown and Fushimi-Inari (Kiyomizudera temple, Fushimi-Inari-Taisha Shrine, Gion Shimbashi)

Day 8: Arashiyama, Kinkaku-ji and Daitoku-ji

Day 9: Visit Uji, head to Kansai airport to catch a night flight home.
Transport: Head to Kyoto Station and take kansai airport bus.

by happinesschan  

Re: Itinerary and Transport (Kansai Region) 2017/8/26 01:40
All of these locations are pretty close, so you won't need a major rail pass of any kind. Especially inside Kyoto and Osaka, just standard fares will be inexpensive.

You may find that the Kansai Area pass is useful for some of your side trips in the region, but you'll probably have to do the math to see how it compares to just paying straight fares. It's also only good for up to 4 days, so you may have to time things just so for it to work.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_03.html

by Me2 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary and Transport (Kansai Region) 2017/8/30 09:38
Thanks for the advice :)

I will bring forward lake biwa tour to day 5. Hence, will arrive in Kyoto by early noon of Day 6. With Day 6, 7 and 8 to spend in Kyoto, how can I modify my itinerary to cover the must go places at a good pace?

by happinesschan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread