Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Waseda SILS/ Sophia SLA APs 2017/8/27 21:10
Hello everyone, I plan to apply to Waseda SILS and Sophia SLA and I have a few questions. I'm from Singapore, and a senior in an American international high school. I didn't do so well for my SATs this May (1330/1600,below average for SILS, and 16/24 for the essay); my GPA is around a 3.75. As for AP honour classes, I would have completed 5 AP exams by the time I graduate. What are my chances of getting into SILS or SLA? I know that AP scores won't be accounted for college credits in both schools, but will my chances be higher nevertheless? I hear Japanese colleges are extremely transcript-oriented, and my grades are very average. so what achievements/honours might help compensate for that? I know for the Waseda SILS Application form, you are allowed to specify 3 honours/achievements with proper documentation. I have a large portfolio for piano and cello (eg. performed on television, diploma certificates, public performance brochures), A JLPT N-5 certificate, and high school honor roll certificates. I'm also involved in service clubs, albeit no official documentation for that. Would any of these help my application at all? Or are grade transcripts and the essay top-priority for the schools? I'm very paranoid that I won't get in, the bar seems so high! SILS is my first choice for college and I hope to get some good advice. Thank you so much!
by Cristina (guest)  

Re: Waseda SILS/ Sophia SLA APs 2017/8/28 21:45
Assuming SLA is a typo and you mean FLA.

From one of your neighboring country, SAT 1500+, IELTS 8.0, JLPT N1. Got accepted for both SILS and FLA with scholarships, went with the latter. I think your results are OK, it's not super hard to get in IMHO. Highly doubt JLPT even matters.

Anyway, just relax, prepare the best application documents/essay you can, hope for the best. Always better to try and fail than not try and wonder whether you could have succeeded. If you'really worried and have the means to, apply for others too. Good luck.
by Anon (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread