Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Help correcting Japanese composition 2017/8/28 16:00
私は中国の大学生です。昨年の3月から日本語を勉強しましたが 先月のn2試験は合格しない。来年の十月に 日本の大学院に行きましょうと思っています。しかし 私はもう4年生になりましたが 日本語はまだまだだ。このゆえに みんなに助けてもらいたい。ありがとうございます。

This is my first composition in Japanese. Please help me to point out the mistakes and recommended the method to learn Japanese
Thank you very much
by miasyc  

Re: Help correcting Japanese composition 2017/8/28 21:13
Generally you have the informal speech and the polite speech mixed, so I am changing it to polite speech throughout the text.

私は中国の大学生です。fine.

昨年の3月から日本語を勉強しましたが 先月のn2試験は合格しない。
昨年の3月から日本語を勉強していますが、先月のN2試験には合格できませんでした。
Or 合格しませんでした。
I am assuming you "have been studying" since March last year, so I am using the "...te Imasu" construction.
You might want t say you "could not pass the N2 exam." The second phrase simply says you "did not pass."

来年の十月に 日本の大学院に行きましょうと思っています。
来年の10月から日本の大学院に行こうと思っています。
To say you intend to do something, you might want to use the "...ou" form, which will be "Ikou" for the verb "Iku/Ikimatsu."

しかし 私はもう4年生になりましたが 日本語はまだまだだ。
しかし、私はもう四年生になりましたが、日本語はまだまだです。again polite speech throughout.

このゆえに みんなに助けてもらいたい。ありがとうございます。
ですから、みなさんに助けてもらいたいです。or助けていただきたいです。
Again polite speech throughout. The second one is more respectful to the audience.

よろしくおねがいします。For saying "thank you" in advance when you make are request, this is the phrase we normally use.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Help correcting Japanese composition 2017/8/28 21:16
A typo. I meant to say the "...(y)ou " form of "iku /ikimasu " is "ikou."
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread