Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takuhaibin service 2017/8/30 05:48
I understand that when visiting Japan , one can use the takuhaibin service to deliver luggage between cities from one hotel to another.
Can someone advise if this service is available for delivery of luggage between:
Tokyo - Kanazawa
Kanazawa - Kyoto
Kyoto - Okayama
Okayama- Hiroshima
Hiroshima - Tokyo
Moreover, which are the fees for the delivery of a suitcase, for the above cases?

Thank you
by Foteini  

Re: Takuhaibin service 2017/8/30 11:36
Yes, it is available between those cities. What is more important is whether the hotels you use have the service. Most will. All the Toyoko Inns I've used in those exact cities have the service and I have forwarded my luggage using Kuroneko Yamato. You will have to fill in the form yourself, but there is a page on their website that explains how to fill out the form.

http://www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/en/tourist/hotel/
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Takuhaibin service 2017/8/30 13:14
The service is available everywhere in Japan. If your hotel is not willing to handle it, visit a nearby Takkyubin Center.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Takuhaibin service 2017/8/30 13:22
Since the system is overnight and not same-day, I don't suggest using it on every single city-city movement you do.
If you're going from city A to city B then city C and you only stay one or 2 nights in city B, send your big suitcase from A to C and bring a small bag on the train with you for your stay in B. Saves money, effort and is more sensible logistically.
by krr (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takuhaibin service 2017/8/30 21:57
As suggested, your suitcases can be delivered to any tiny village throughout Japan, but keep in mind that there is usually only one pick up service per day which is typically around 3pm. So for example, you can leave your luggage to the service counter at 5pm, but it won't be collected until about a day later, and therefore won't reach your destination a day later from that.

Sometimes it's easier to leave your large things at the hotel and take day trips between certain places. Also note that if you happen to go to islands that are not connected with a bridge, delivery may delay because ships and planes can be canceled easily due to harsh weather.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Takuhaibin service 2017/8/30 22:25
keep in mind that there is usually only one pick up service per day which is typically around 3pm.

The cutoff time at most Takkyubin Centers is 7pm.

Re: Takuhaibin service 2017/8/31 00:47
The cutoff time at most Takkyubin Centers is 7pm.

Yes, and some are as late as 8:40pm, but centers are very scares as opposed to convenience stores where pick up is much earlier. In other words, it's often easier to carry the luggage to your next city yourself rather than to bring it to a center that may not be conveniently located.

Sorry for the typo 2017/8/31 01:47
"scares" should have been "scarce". My apologies for misspelling.

Re: Takuhaibin service 2017/8/31 08:23
but centers are very scares as opposed to convenience stores

That is not my experience, and apparently not that of other people either. I remember a thread by someone who spent hours in central Osaka looking for a convenience store that would take his luggage. Just going to a center (of which there were three in the area) would have taken five minutes.

Re: Takuhaibin service 2017/8/31 14:02
What I was trying to say that long distance delivery trucks typically depart only once a day.

By the way, you can check official websites of takuhaibin companies to see where you can drop off items between what time.

reply to this thread