Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bunka or a Fashion school in Canada? 2017/8/30 05:59
Hi there,

I'm currently in highschool entering my last year. After some time and finding what I wanted to pursue, in grade 10 I decided that I want to pursue fashion. In particular, it is Japanese fashion that has caught my interest. The amount of styles and diversity, and how different peoples styles can be. I'm still having a debate whether to attend a language school (goal to reach JPLT 2) then attend Bunka (Tokyo), or just attend a fashion school here in Canada.

I've discussed with my parents before that I'd want to pursue fashion somewhere like Japan, they are more or less okay with my decision so far. Though what I'm thinking about is the funds. I've been self-studying Japanese for a while now hoping that will help. Japan is a country that has intrigued me from its culture, music, and to its fashion.

If possible I'd like to hear input from others to see if I should just attend one in Canada, if I should go with what I'm leaning to (going to Japan). I also welcome any other suggestions such as, different fashion schools (hopefully within Tokyo), a better way to attend Bunka, or maybe a different approach to language school. All replies are welcomed.

Thank you.
by John (guest)  

Re: Bunka or a Fashion school in Canada? 2017/8/30 17:58
I'd say go with attending a school in Canada. Though if you are quite passionate, why not try out going to Japan?
by Simon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bunka or a Fashion school in Canada? 2017/8/30 20:10
After graduating from the Bunka Fashion College, there seems to be some people studying at the Antwerp Royal Academy of Fine Arts, St Martins in London, Parsons in New York etc.
It seems that cultural clothing graduate school has concluded an academic exchange agreement with the Department of Art & Design at Nottingham Trent University (UK).
If you do not have much Japanese yet, it might be good to go to the English-speaking fashion department.
Because you can study basic.
Even though your language skills are insufficient when studying abroad, I think that it is easy to understand if there are fundamental skills.
http://www.bunka-international.com/other_language/english/aboutus.htm
If you really want to go to the Bunka Fashion College, it might be nice to come to Japan directly.
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread